|ARE YOU FINANCIALLY SECURE?
Establishing financial security is an important goal, but it doesn’t happen overnight. You’ll need to cultivate good financial habits over your lifetime to reliably grow and maintain your nest egg. You’ve likely heard about the usual financial health habits, like creating a budget or setting aside money in a savings account. However, several other important strategies can help you achieve the financial future you want.
Read on for 15 vital financial health habits that everyone should adopt, recommended by the members of Forbes Finance Council.
15 Financial Health Habits:
1. Separate needs and wants
2. Live within your means
3. Rebalance your portfolio
4. Get all your financial data in one place
5. Ask yourself if you really need something
6. Pay credit cards off in full
7. Opt for annual over monthly subscriptions
8. Obtain disability insurance
9. Meticulously track your monthly spending
10. Automate your savings
11. Asses your financial goals each month
12. Check your credit score
13. Create an emergency cash fund
14. Plan your expenses and tailor your income streams
15. Pay yourself first
For more, check out the article on Forbes.com.